Sunday, September 9, 2007

8 jobs

1. Budd's Restaurant: This was my very first job ever. I washed dishes on Saturday & Sunday mornings during breakfast. I was 15 years old and worked from 7:00 am –11:00 am
2. Burger King: This was my first "real" job that I could actually drive to. I worked there for 4 years. From the time I was 16 to 20. There was tons of fun had here by the closing staff. Once I became a "manager" I let everyone else do the work and I dorked around. It was cool
3. Goff Stores: I worked here for a few months before I got married and moved to ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Texas. When I got home from Texas I worked here again for a few more months. Being a cashier in a grocery store is quite boring.
4. Mitchell's: Clothing store, very expensive but good discount and "credit plan" if you worked there. Plus you got to check out everything on Main Street and always look out the front window to see who was headed into the "Free Clinic"
5. O'Henry's An Irish Pub I worked at while living in Texas. That was an ok job. I remember they had the best Philly Cheese steak sandwiches ever. Working a 22 hour shift on St. Patty's day was HELL.
6. Chicago Title I was an escrow mortgage & real estate closer. I HATED this job. I will never in my life be a closer again. I hated dealing with the bitchy people whose interest rate was too high or payment wasn't what the lender told them. They acted like it was my fault and I was just the middle man.
7. Michigan Bankers Association: I work in the Employee Benefits Division assisting banks with medical, dental, life & disability benefits. The people I work with are awesome and I semi-enjoy it. The only reason I don't totally enjoy it is because work is work no matter how you look at it. 8. Mom: This is the craziest job I've had. So much joy yet so much frustration at the same time. I know I need to enjoy it more now because soon my kids will "hate" me because it's those lovely pre-teen to teenage years and they will want nothing to do with mom but right now it's good. They make me laugh like no other.

No comments: